Re: MiniDisk & EQ - was Re: Loop Recording and Loading

(hi) Miko and i have discussed this a little--I find the MD is fantastic
overall, but seems to have problems with harmonically complex noises (like
my didgeridoos and reeds)--I usually hear a few hissy little
ghost-artifacts
that aren't there in the original mix

I thought it was just my compromised grey matter, but I saw a post on a MD
group from a bagpiper who reported the same problem

I notice it with my Sharp 702 and my Sony MDS-DRE1, which is the now
discontinued DJ minidisc deck that allows you to instantly cue up to 12 set
points--you can loop them pretty seamlessly

and of course there is a scratch pad      ;)  wild piece of kit!

I still use a portable Marantz and a Sony Walkman Pro for alot of recording
and though there is more hiss, I find the sound to be more realistic--but
you can't beat the convenience of MD

Tom Lambrecht