EMUSIC Has a Yahoo Group

Dear EMUSIC Listeners, Artists, Labels, and Promoters,

I am trying an experiment.  To create a communications conduit that includes me, EMUSIC radio listeners, and the artists, record labels, and promoters who need or want information about EMUSIC, I have started a Yahoo Group mailing list.  I plan to publish the weekly playlists, monthly top 20 reports, and weekly promotional announcements on this list.  This list also gives the artists (etc.) a direct line to listeners for their promotional activities, concert information, CD release information, and anything else that needs to be communicated.  Here's the information for the EMUSIC on WDIY list:

Post message: emusic-wdiy@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  emusic-wdiy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
All new subscribers will have to be approved by me to gain membership.  This is a precautionary tactic to keep away spammers and people who really aren't involved in the EMUSIC family.  Once approved, the list in unmoderated.  However, the topic is anything related to my radio show that is for public consumption.  Please, let's stay on topic as much as possible.

Artists, record labels, and promoters:  Please remember that this list is intended as a public forum where my listeners are included.  I'm sure that there will be plenty of email messages that should still remain private between us.  Remember, this list is an experiment.  If it doesn't serve the needs of the combined community of listeners and music creators/distributors, I may consider dividing this list into two separate communities.  But for now, let's see how things go.

Best regards,

Bill         billfox@fast.net            http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay consideration.
Radio Station Home Page: http://wdiyfm.org
Personal site: http://www.users.fast.net/~billfox