Re: question on bowing

I'm not sure if this would help anyone, but I saw a street performer in
Berkeley
CA a few weeks ago and he was playing a hammer dulcimer.  However, he
seemed to
have a few special hammers that had a crescent shaped end that must have
been
coated with rosin or the equivalent.  With this setup, he was able to get
both
hammered and bowed sounds.  It was VERY cool.  I could not help but think
of the
possibilities of this on electric guitar.  I do love my ebow, though.
Especially
now that it has a blue LED!

Marklar