Re: electronic shruti box software?

Several people asked for the fruits of my search for a software shruti box.
I've found a freeware Windows synth that does a great job of this.

http://www.maz-sound.com/archives/trx-or20.zip

You need to click on Realtime in the menubar.
Then hit the Oscillators page, uncheck Melodic & Filter,
make an oscillator Active and tune it with the Frequency slider.
Move the shape slider a bit for some buzziness.
Repeat until satisfied with creamy droning richness.
Reduce the volume for each oscillator as you add more,
or it'll overdrive internally. I set them all to -12 dB.

Dan Richardson
Northampton, MA