The coordinates:
    Mouth Travels 2
    8:30 pm
    Fri, April 20, 2001
    Presidio Chapel, San Francisco
    Tickets $15  Doors open at 8, sorry there's no way to get
           advanced tix or reserve spaces, so show up early.
    map: http://www.interfaith-presidio.org/map.htm

The announcement (ad lengthium):

Howdy folks,
more news from Mars....

This week the Martians go A Cappella. While "a cappella" has recently
come
to mean music made with only vocals, the original meaning comes from the
Italian
for  "in the chapel." So we'll be part of a concert happening in the
Presidio
Cappella.

We've been invited to play in the Mouth Travels 2 concert, hosted by
the beautiful singers of the group JouJou. And because it's in cappella,
we're not bringing any instruments. Just our voices, oh yeah, and a
couple
hundred
pounds of electronics -- Loopers, mostly (They're like our security
blankets),
and my PAlien speaker sculptures from BurningMan. But no homemade
instruments
this time,
 no wok lids, no
little wooden frogs, not even a bag of forks. Just the vocal cords.
Extreme
vocal
techniques: we have the inimitable Andrew Chaikin on vocal percussion,
John
chanting
into a portable resonant space, Simran's throat singing. This time we
have
Barbara
Jaspersen joining us with her layered trancy soprano, and Rob Penn's
tenor and
air
trumpet.

Here's the data and the concert lineup:

Mouth Travels 2
8:30 pm
Fri, April 20, 2001
Presidio Chapel
Tickets $15
Doors open at 8, sorry there's no way to get advanced tix or reserve
spaces,
so show up early.

JouJou is...
a women's a cappella group who sing Balkan, Appalachian, Italian and
Greek songs - goofy international folk jazz!

Our guests include...
Timothy Frazier: Gaelic mouth nusic
Mixtape From Mars: overtone singing and vocal percussion
Ron Jones: song/storyteller extraordinaire
Claudia Villela and Ricardo Peixoto: Brazilian singer and guitarist

For directions:
http://www.interfaith-presidio.org/map.htm

Some websites:
http://www.joujousings.com
http://www.mp3.com/MixtapeFromMars
http://www.mp3.com/Inkstone

Hope to see you there!

Jen Tait of JouJou

=======================================

And in other news, Andrew Chaikin has entered the infamous 5K contest.
That's
where you get major nerd points for creating a cool website that weighs
less
than (or equal to) 5K bytes. i.e. 5120 bytes. The prize: fifty one
dollars and
twenty cents. yeah! This year anybody can view and rate the entries, and
the
judges will judge the top rated ones. So check them out, vote early and
vote
often (but only once
per entry). Andrew's entry is a series of three puzzles featuring
Bartleby
Snore,
the world's Biggest Bore. I tried them. They're really fun. Pretty hard,
too. I
had to give in and use the hint. Check it out at http://www.the5k.org

=====

Have fun, and hope to see you friday!