Re: sample looper boss Dr. Sample SP-303 (?)

By gosh young man, buy it (after you tried it...) I was gonna get one of these, but I opted to get Sonic Foundry Acid 3.0 (ok, it was $99.00, but my sampling needs are a little bit different).

I do have the SP-202, and it is just dandy with me. I do like the sequencing function on the SP-303, and the extended effects, but $299.99 is a bit out of my league (well, until I start back to work). Yea, get that Smart card (it can use up to 64 megs, which is really sweet !).

----Original Message Follows----
From: Mark Sottilaro
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: sample looper boss Dr. Sample SP-303 (?)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:37:23 -0700
Hey loopkids,
Gotta 3 day weekend ahead of me and a $100 dollar gift certificate at
the Guitar Center (as if they sell much under a $100....)
and I was wondering about the Boss Dr. Sample SP-303. I really like the
idea of being able to sample anywhere using it's battery feature. (Pat
Mastelotto uses it a LOT on the ProjecKt X cd... a great cd imho) Have
any of you used it? Is it worth the $300? Are there better? Should I
save my cash and get something more real? My main purpose is to sample
bits of media (movies, tv, self help tapes, ect...) and bring it into
the mix.
Mark