Re: XLR volume pedal?

No, I had thought of that and in terms of gain that would be the way to go,
but my board's a Spirit Folio with no inserts. Only two auxes, too. (But
apart from that I like it a lot.)

I had thought of rigging up a switch box kind of like a CoughDrop (only
latchable so I don't to stand there like a flamingo) to switch the signal
in and out, but I'd really like to be able to do that 'volume swell into
the big delay before the looper' thing we all know and love with our
electric instruments. I've done it before with a high-impedance 1/4"
plugged (i.e. R---- S----) mic through a regular volume pedal and it works
pretty well, but I'd really prefer to use an SM57.

So I guess I'll get out the drill bits and soldering stuff; does anyone
have a recommendation for the pot value?

(By the way, Dennis, did you notice the humorous typo on your song title on
the '75 Seconds' album as posted on <http://www.loopxchange.com>? 'CIRRUS
Over Indiana' has mutated into 'CITRUS'; more vitamin C, I guess!)

-t