EDP stereo questions

 some  EDP questions
1) I want to be able to switch from one loop to another at
any time, but always start the new loop from the beginning,
can I do this without a MIDI controller?

2) Wasn't there talk on the list about an EDP bug during stereo
operation, where the loops change over at different times?

3)So I've got a stereo loop going, and I put the 2 loops out of
sync (by going into reverse for a bit on one machine), how can
I get the loops re-synced?

4)Whats the easiest way to toggle whether one unit midi-controls
the other.