Re: Advertising auction gear(ME TOO-ism)

I, personally, like hearing about gear sales, gigs, etc.  I saw someone get
flamed for selling some of the Electrix gear for a bit more than the blow
out
price, but I thought it was unjustified.  I've seen echoplexes and jammans
go
for ridiculous prices on this list.  I fwd'd that Electrix sale info to a
friend who was GLAD to have the chance to get the gear, even for a bit more
(still quite a bargain IMO)

Anyway, what I DO HATE is that when people respond to such sales on list:
Re:
Gear for Sale. "How much" Re: Gear for Sale. "500"  Re: Gear for Sale.
"Does
that include shipping?"  etc... you get it.  While I'm on the subject, this
list is really bad with "Me too-ism" and "lol-ism"  I think we'd all
benefit a
lot if people thought a bit about what they were writing, and consider if
it's
meaningful to the whole list, or is it just directed to an individual.
Take
private banter between individuals OFF LIST.  Most lists have this as a
hard
rule, but Kim prefers a less restrictive list, and I applaud him for it.
It
does put the responsibility on the individual...  It's kind of like what
America was supposed to be ;^)

Mark (Cranky before Coffee) Sottilaro