Re: OT: giant pipes down Portola Avenue in Santa Cruz and othernatural reverbs

>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:35:07 -0700, "Rick Walker \(loop.pool\)"
><GLOBAL@cruzio.com> wrote:
>
>>WHAT KICK ASS SONIC ANOMALIES DO YOU KNOW OF IN YOUR HOMETOWN........WHAT
>>WIERD ASSED PIECE OF ARCHITECTURE OR SCULPTURES OR PLUMBING EXISTS TO BE
>  >STRUCK OR BLOWN ON OR OTHERWISE PUSHED INTO RESONANCE........

Where I grew up, on a farm in Eastern Oregon, there was a pipeline
for an irrigation project that came out a few miles away. Metal pipe,
8ft diameter, about 50 miles long. In high school, we used to take
instruments, battery-powered amps, tape decks, etc, as far into the
pipe as we dared and play/record. We never really knew when water may
be run through, so there was always some element of risk. Great
acoustics, though.

Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer