RE: Using a Looper with a mixer

Sure sounds like the best way to accomplish something like this for a
live musician is to use something like the Switchblade that someone else
mentioned.  I guess for testing purposes, I could use a patchbay to
change routings around.

As far as looping and effects go and what I am trying to personally
create ...

I am a wind player (Sax, EWI, WX5).  One type of musical structure that
I am trying to create is to lay down what I have seen mentioned (or read
in the archives) called a sound carpet and then play another instrument
over the top.  For example, there is a Celtic group called IONA who
creates songs that contain fairly complex washes of sound where and then
other instruments such as Uilean pipes, whistles, etc. play the melody
over the top.  For my contribution to a group, I would like to create
these types of sounds and it appears to me that looping is the best way
to do it (except maybe to cue everything up with a sequencer and play it
at the proper times).  I think with looping, I will be able to create
these things on the fly (I hope).

Thanks,
Steve