Problems with LD website

I tried browsing the LD website for the first time in quite a while
yesterday.  I've done it successfully in the past (and a nice site it is
too!) but when I tried accessing the archive/index, I was frequently
getting blank pages with only an advert/banner on it.  Is there
something I need to do (pay money? <g>) to be able to get to all the
messages?  This is frustrating.  Also, I posted through the site, and my
post never showed up.  Can someone clue me in?

Thanks,
Elby