Repeater overdub (also limits)

Hey all--
I bet you could send a combination of MIDI messages to end record and go
into overdub on the Repeater--
I managed to play with one at the Sherman Oaks Guitar Center yesterday and
it is cool--only had 30 minutes to get in and get out, but it seems like a
great tool to have in your arsenal--still, unless you just have to have 4
tracks or 5 minutes of record time (or storage of your loops), the Echoplex
does a lot.  Or tempo or pitch control . . .
I am right in there with the limits thing.  The ztar is in storage and I've
been practicing (no gigs) with just acoustic guitar into the EDP controlled
by the PMC-10.  Just some reverb on the amp.  I think if I start playing
out
with this configuration tho I will go with my GT-3 for some texture--I
haven't really set it up for the acoustic stuff, but I find that I don't
need canned percussion or synth bass as much with acoustic guitar, and I
also think that any gigs I could scare up for myself would be singer/guitar
situations, and they seem to prefer acoustic--I did a one man band gig with
a sequencer a while ago in San Diego; the manager had solicited me after
seeing me during a fill in so I did a night, and at the end of the night he
asked me (half kidding), "Don't you own an acoustic guitar?"
So limits, yeah; also the two ends of the spectrum to consider--the mind
blowing and the familiar.
Gary
PS  Anybody done this MIDI overdub on the Repeater?