From: Tim Nelson [mailto:tnelson@metrocast.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 12:38 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Looping pads and ambient sounds / likely repeater
correction

At 11:26 AM 9/8/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Which leads me into the next topic:  Glib and friendly manuals.  I, for
one,
>hate them... Does this bug anyone else on the list?

I've seen quite a few dour and hostile ones that don't seem to impart the
information any better. To me, it's not so much about the tone it's written
in as the clarity of the instruction. The ones that bug me are the ones
that were poorly translated from a foreign language. I swear that some
companies try to save money and just use Babelfish...

I'm not sure about the 'Peater, but if the manual is in the same style as
the one for the Filter Queen, it's not so bad. It starts with connection
instructions, moves to an overview of the controls, then a deeper
explanation of what the controls actually do, then presents variations on
the connection instructions which may be more appropriate for a user's
personal setup, gives example settings, and lists the technical specs.

While the tone remains pleasant throughout, the only part that I'd really
characterize as 'glib' or salesmanlike is the Introduction page, and that's
sort of to be expected anyway.

Is the Repeater manual quite a bit 'glibber' throughout?

-t