pads/repeater/sync/bitching/blahblah

ok about this repeater thing ...

You guys having trouble recording ambience loopily, do you have the "bump"
issue
when say, taking a blank loop and recording into it with overdub on?

You guys having trouble recording drum loops, do you have the shitty sync
issue
when say, taking a blank loop and recording into it with overdub on?

my only criticism of the repeater that i can see is it's complexity. if the
"Feature Creature" didn't so captivate developers as well as customers,
maybe
their products would be more consistent and reliable. I don't give a
flying fuck
about pitch-corrected timestretching or time-corrected pitch-shifting.
these
things do not belong in a looper ... you can't have them WITHOUT issues of
timing, digital gurgling, or dodgy sync. PERIOD.

i can't believe it's the year 2001, 170-dollar DVD players have five 24-bit
digital converters, memory is _dirt_frippin_cheap, and people can't get a
hifi
qudraphonic long delay to work right ... and the only viable alternative
is an
INCREDIBLE interface, software, and concept chained like the sialor to the
albatross to a ten-year old collection of Gibson-warehoused
electronics-surplus-sale hardware.

UNGLAUBLICHE frustrating.

maybe the Line6 rack dealie will be right for me.

Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com