RE: Repeater Synch Workaround.

yes, a blank loop.

the problem isn't the tempo display and deviation there-of. the
problem is the initial sync of the repeater to midi clock. when you
start the master clock (sequencer, etc) the repeater doesn't start
and sync up to the clock and therefore the loop doesn't play on-beat
with the sequencer.

now the question is if you do follow Sottilaro's suggestion, can you
in fact start up the loop with the master and have it work? let me go
try it.

no. it doesn't work. it's better but it still doesn't sync up.

plexus

>What is a "blank loop"?  Do mean record a silent track at a desired tempo?
>This will create a loop with one recorded track, not a "blank loop".  Do
>you
>then record over your initial reference track in "replace" mode or are you
>recording to a new track?
>
>The folks at Electrix mentioned that it's normal for the tempo readout to
>flux by 1 or 2 tenths of a second from midi clock as the Repeater is in
>midi
>sync mode.  It's not clear to me if it is a readout issue or if the
>readout
>is accurately displaying Repeater's true tempo.  My assumption is the
>later.
>And I also assume that it's probably imperceptible as long as it is always
>with 1 or 2 tenths of a second from the clocked time.  What do you guys
>think?
>
>--
>Tim

Plexus Interactive Group     www.plexusinteractivegroup.com
plexus@sympatico.ca          plexus@canada.com
tel +1 416 366 9961         fax +1 416 366 7576
"never get between a man and his expansion pack!" - blm