An Idea for Helping

Undoubtedly today's vicious attacks will cause monetary costs that haven't
begun to be completely figured, from the insurance sector especially, as
CNN
Europe reported.  As with all horror we try to mentally dig our own way out
of it, and do something about it.

I just thought of this while at church.  Yes, I went to church and prayed
that we don't have more senseless killing, that it doesn't escalate into
more attacks on more innocents; that the victims find peace; that their
families and friends somehow find peace, love and forgiveness again.

Nonetheless, I just thought of this: I've been moved in the past to write
music at times where I felt grief or otherwise couldn't make sense of
things.  I would sit down and immerse myself in looping and music, and
sometimes dedicate it to the people involved.  The first time I did it was
"For Absent Friends," which was dedicated to a friend of mine who'd died of
a heart attack in 1996.  It helped me put it all in perspective, as I'd
never even lost a family member before.  Undoubtedly right now I think I'm
in a kind of physical shock, though.  I know that there were so many
victims
involved, that we all might know someone who perished today.

But I know I would like to try doing the following:

To help out with the monetary losses, which will be felt for some time,
what
if a bunch of people got together to make some peaceful but respectful
material, for a CD collection, or for that matter an online service that
could provide payment for the playing of material.  The entire income would
go to help with the effort, of course.

One wouldn't want to take credit or raise ones' level of success on the
basis of this horrific day's attacks.  I suggest then that everyone who
contributes material use the artist name of "Unknown".  This would mean
that
the only thing at all that you'd get for contributing work to this project
would be in your soul.  You would never take credit for the piece.  Maybe
if
we got enough people involved we could leverage even someone like mp3.com
perhaps pay MORE THAN THE USUAL PITTANCE, and pay it all to the fund that
must eventually be established to help all of this.  How often does one get
a chance to improve the state of things using the abilities one loves
using?
To say nothing of the assistance to creating a peace-oriented state of
things for those listening to the music.

Let's get some discussion going about this.  I think it might be a good
thing to do.  I'm going to go now.  Too many people died today.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net