Re: a prayer

--- Andy Soto <smaug@servidor.unam.mx> wrote:

>    Somebody has to tell this:

And someone has to respond.

>     I do not support murder,or violence in any
> form,and I feel very sorry
> for all the people who died today on those
> attacks,but that doesnīt mean you
> have the right to put the rest of man kind in
> Jeopardy, (nor had the germans
> in WWII)

Please elaborate on the pre-war bombing of German
cities that led Hitler to "put the rest of mankind
in jeopardy".

>     There are lotīs of things people shouldnīt get
> away with,and if you
> think the US is 100% innocent on what happened
> today, on what happens every
> day,and on whatīs been happening since the 19th
> century,you should open your
> eyes right now...

In the 19th century, (as well as 1/2 of the 20th)
America was, at best, a 2nd rate military power. At
the beginning of WWII, our standing army was compar-
able to Portugal's.

>    Itīs no secret your goverment promotes wars AND
> supports terrorists (as
> nicaraguaīs CONTRAS) for itīs own twisted
> interests;in order to balance itīs
> economy,test new weapons and put a scare on the rest
> of the world,screaming
> to the four winds "freedom,liberty, etc" ,itīs a
> well known fact that the
> things we presume about the most are the things we
> LACK the most...

You are correct to point out that at certain times
in our history we have allied ourselves with evil.
In WWII, we allied ourselves with the Soviet Union
because we saw them as being the lesser of 2 evils.
During the Cold War, we were often in bed with tin
horn, right wing, dictatorships because at that time
& in that place, we saw them as being the lesser evil.
As an American, I would prefer to put all communists
& all facists in the same bag & let them kill each
other. Communism & Facism are flip sides of the same
bogus coinage anyway.

>      so Americans have come to believe they won WWII
> by themselves,

I'll bet we were taught more about the Soviet's
contribution than they were taught about ours. Even
a sad-sack sitcom like "Hogan's Heros" had a running
joke about sending Germans to the eastern front.

> make
> Pearl Harbor films and even Change history
> (U-571),do whatever they have to
> do to convince themselves they are invulnerable.

I will not even try to defend Hollywood other than to
say that they have the right to make as crappy a movie
as they desire. Please elaborate on Mexico's contri-
bution to unbiased historical film making.

>   Again:Iīm not pro terrorist,not a racist,not
> violent promoter, but hey Dj
> devious,the rest of the world must live with some
> damn dirty stinky shit
> from you guys,as thousends of Mexicans getting
> killed and beaten in the
> border by stupid rednecks just because they are
> looking for a better future
> just as your grandparents and greatgrandparents did
> once!

Please elaborate on why Mexicans are unable to find
a better future in Mexico. Please explain why so many
Mexicans allow themselves to be packed into trucks
(by Mexicans) or led into the desert(by Mexicans),at
risk of their lives, in order to come here.

> and to have lost
> more than half of my countryīs territory in some
> dirty backstabbing war, etc...

All of which happened before your great-grandparents
were even born. Elaborate on who bore responsibility
for stabbing Mexico in the back, the United States
or Santa Anna.

>    Thatīs just my opinion, and even so, Iīm deeply
> concerned  for all the
> people who got killed today,those things MUST NOT
> HAPPEN,and I would like to
> see the people responsible for this punished, real
> hard... but,on the other
> hand, think what all this thing means for your
> nation...and say of you
> nation.Think why this kind of american SYMBOLS where
> destroyed...

Yeah, the Pentagon, the symbol of America's military
might. We kind of like our military forces. They've
kept us free of foreign tyranny for over 200 years.
We prefer to let the voters take care of the home
grown
tyrants. What's your excuse?

>   I do not support violence, but comments like what
> you made,devious,
> clearly points out why The United States is under
> attack.

And I hope my comments illustrate why, in the not too
distant future, the people behind this attack will
corner the market on parking lot futures.

>    there it is,

Nuff said,

> Andy Soto in Mexico City.

John Tidwell in Georgia.