Re: cfc readers...

Tom Ritchford (01:37 PM 09.13.2001) wrote:

 >At 12:45 PM -0700 9/13/01, Mark Pulver wrote:
 >>If you happen to have a laptop around without a floppy drive, and have
occasional use for said floppy drive, then I can't recommend The VST
Tri-media reader enough. "Tri" = Floppy, CFC and SmartMedia.

 >>It's a great piece; has continued driver support for Win 9x, Win 2000,
and Mac; and is powered from the USB host.

 >>http://www.vsttech.com/vst/products.nsf/usb?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30
&Expand=3#3

 >also recommended by me, ditto.  buy.com has 'em cheap...

I really wanted to push the buy.com link, but the price is actually pretty
expensive:

   http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10241460&loc=14577

At $130.95, that's $30(ish) _more_ than what VST is selling them direct
for. :)

I know, I couldn't believe it either. I think that VST may have had a
recent price reduction and buy.com hasn't caught up with it yet.

Mark