Re: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

At 6:41 PM -0400 9/24/01, Brett Maraldo wrote:
>>\Also, it is more abstract (please pardon my loose definition, Tom ;-)
>>but have you guys/gals checked out 'Threnody for the Victims of
>Hiroshima'
>>by Krzysztof Penderecki?
>

>have you seen the score for it?? absolutely amazing.

I've heard that the origin of the notational technique used in the
score (not the individual parts) came in reaction to complaints form
the music copyists. Whether that's true or not, it has set a standard.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com