Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #570

Hi Matthias
> >My biggest wish for the new loop4 software is (apart from the crazy
>stuff)
>  >be able to Multiply without having to overdub, if only in delay mode.
>
>  You are not the first one to want this. I never really understood
>  what for, but...
Well, I'd like to create a loop that repeats a simple figure a number of
times, but then has an Insert of something different.
AAAAAABAAAAAABAAAAAAB
etc.
...but I want to be able to 'solo' while the simple figure is being
multiplied.
I can make the loop how I want it, but only by keeping quiet while the
multiply happens. ( Someone suggested that I use delay mode and muted the
loop input, but that would get in the way of recording the different
section
with Insert)

I could also use Multiply ended with record to mess with the loop while
simultaneously playing over it.

>  There is no space for an aditional function.
Well how about changing the Delay mode so that if you Multiply while in
the
Overdub mode (which is now freezing the loop) you don't record an overdub.
That would seem intuitive.

> I guess you would not be happy to have to change a parameter to get
> it either, would you?
Why not?

>  I want to go on overdubbing and so terminating Multiply with Overdub
>  is common for me.

Yes , me too

>  I could imagine to have the Overdub function "only static": Instead
>  of terminating other functions, it could simply switch the input.

No, anything but that.

well I'm sure there's more than enough in the new software to keep me
happy
anyway, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

andy butler