2 Amps in Guitar Looping Setup?

I love this list!  Thanks Kim, and all of you.

Please bear with me on this explanation. You'll see that I'm still trying
work out an approach, and I sure could use some expert advice.  I've been
playing guitar for about 20 years and have pursued most of my varied
musical
tastes.  I'm back now to my true and deepest love, which for the purposes
of
this list could be called ambient, soundscapes (eek!), looping, patterned
textures... or not.  See my P.S. if that description doesn't make you puke.

So, my technical question:

I have 2 amps that I love dearly - a Roland JC120 and a Rivera Knucklehead.
I'd like to take advantage of both of them in my setup, as I've already
experienced the frustration of too many tones into a single guitar amp (ie,
ick.).  I know that by separating various components of my looping, I'll be
able to build a much larger tone palette in a single looping "event".  This
question really drives at 2 issues - 1) I'm looking for the right 2nd loop
or delay tool that fits my needs and 2) I'm looking for ideas on how to
best
take advantage of 2 amps in my looping guitar setup.

Today, I'm setup as:

Guitar -> Dynacomp -> FM4 Filter Modeler -> Rivera Amp -> Rivera Effects
Loop Out -> Digitech RP7 -> Small Clone -> EDP -> Rivera Effects Loop
Return

Occasionally other stuff sprinkled in there, but you get the picture I
hope!

I'm thinking that if I add another looper/delay in the effects loop, with
some sort of A/B box for bypassing, I'd be able to decide what signal goes
to what amp.  For instance:

Guitar -> Dynacomp -> FM4 Filter Modeler -> Rivera Amp -> Rivera Effects
Loop Out -> Digitech RP7 -> Small Clone -> A/B Box
A/B Box (A) -> EDP -> Rivera Effects Loop Return
A/B Box (B) -> DL4? -> Roland JC120 (slave)

Will this work?  Anybody tried something like this?  Specific to the DL4
and
the recent thread on it being in the effects loop... is that a problem?

I'd like to do this without buying a mixer and dealing with pre/post fader
auxes, etc, as some of you do.  If nothing else, I figure an A/B Box is
MUCH
cheaper than even a basic mixer with the features I'd need.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Doug Cox

P.S.  I'm in Houston TX.  Anyone in the area who might be interested in
sounds of this sort, get in touch!  My next project is developing the music
to support a group of poets/spoken word artists - one of which is my wife.
The joy of working with your loving spouse is hard to put into words!
...guess that's why I'm doing the music? :)