Boomerang Woes

One of my Boomerangs is starting to sound crappy on playback, signal
sort of breaking up or degrading.  This is especially noticeable in the
lower registers of my guitar but is present throughout.
I have tried tweaking the pot on the back and can only get it to sound
worse.  I have checked cables, amp inputs, etc. and I am sure the
problem is with the unit..............Any suggestions?
(of course I have a gig coming up Thursday!!!)

Mike Killian