Re: How Can I Do This (And What Do I Need)

I'm not sure upon reflection (pun intended) that this is a live trick.  Not
knowing how to make a multi-tap do this, I've done something like it with
post-recording processing as follows, using CoolEdit etc:

 1.  Record voice saying "Hello", using a strong "H" perhaps.
 2.  Highlight and copy the "He-" part of "Hello".
 3.  Rewind selection and Insert using Paste before the "Hello".
 4.  Insert enough silence between the "He-" and the "Hello" to suit you.
 5.  Copy the "He-" and the silence before "Hello".
 6.  Paste-insert it twice at the beginning of the recording.
 7.  Insert silence 4-5 seconds on either side of the recording.
 8.  Reverse entire selection.
 9.  Add reverb to taste.
10. Reverse entire selection (back to normal direction).

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Gallery_Front.html - Cartoons & Illustrations
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.live365.com/stations/218194 * EarthLight Online / Live!