OT: Sound Module Opinions

I am looking to buy a JV-1080, 2080, or reluctantly something in an even higher price range- I am just looking for some user's opinions as to limitations or concerns with these- I like the 1080 for it's reasonable cost- 2080 has nicer interface,  but the xv-5080 is especially nice as it samples and Akai import support via scsi (much more expensive though)- would it be better to just get an older sampler of some sort?  Thanks-

Cliff