Re: cool (free) electronic music software for GameBoy

yes, that can be a stickler - i have seen somewhere online the info for
buying blank carts and a burner but i cant seem to find it atm...

i have been using Nanoloop for a little while and i like it a lot. it
has great sounds and is easy to use - i usually improvise with it live,
with a friend doing some delays and other effects on it. there is an
interesting interview with Spoonbender here
(http://www.noisetraffic.com/interviews.htm) talking about how he likes
to use some delay and two Nanoloops and/or LSDJs MIDI synced to his Akai
MPC2000 for live shows. the only prob with those MIDI sync cables at
noisetraffic is they are pricey ($77). Oliver over at www.nanoloop.com,
who made nanoloop, is supposed to be coming out with a (presumably
cheaper) MIDI connector of his own soon. there will be a manufactured
version and a parts version for a lot cheaper, apparently.

-j

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 03:52  PM, Paolo Valladolid wrote:

>> cool (free "for noncommercial use") electronic music software for
>> GameBoy
>>
>> download it at:
>> http://blackbox.resource.cx/prods02.html
>
> Sounds cool.  I take it you need to have a Game Boy cartridge burner
> and a blank cartridge?
>
> It looks similar to Little Sound DJ (http://www.lsdj.com) - you can
> also download it if you have a cartridge burner or order a pre-burned
> cartridge from Johan (the developer).
>
> Another cool title is Nanoloop (http://www.nanoloop.com).  I have this
> and LSDJ.  So far I've found Nanoloop far easier to use.
>
> Paolo

-----
Jeff Blanding
jeff@modaldub.net
http://www.modaldub.net

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
continent, a part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a
promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own
were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind,
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for
thee."
  - John Donne