Re: new EDP question

Mark,
Can you try the new EDP with a regular, passive volume pedal with a mono
cable instead of TRS expression pedals?  Maybe the newer EDPs are less
tolerant?  Kim's Echoplex pages recommend the Boss FV-50L pedal while
sounding a little surprised that the EV-5  worked:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/FAQ1.html#FBpedal
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/echopedals.html#feedback

To build or modify a pedal for EDP feedback,
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/echopedals.html#custom
says to use a 20k ohm or greater pot between tip and sleeve.

For your old unit, these links might explain heat-induced weirdness.  If
it is pre-1997 vintage you might need to clip an IC pin
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/FAQ6.html
and for pre-mid-1998 models, the power supply's voltage regulator can be
updated to run much cooler according to
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200012/msg00235.html and
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/wilma_hiliter/LDarchive/199807/msg00036.html

hth,