Re: BASS LOOPERS to know about -> Fred Marshall

>At 06:18 AM 3/6/2002, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL wrote:
>>...... is
>>also the only looper I know, so far who is using an Upright Acoustic
>Bass to
>>loop).
>>Did I leave anybody out?
>
>Rick, it was before your time on the Looper's Delight scene, but one
>of our more colorful and amazing personalities of the past was Fred
>Marshall. You've all heard Fred's playing, as he was playing upright
>bass with Vince Guaraldi at the time all of the music for the
>Peanuts tv shows was recorded. And yes, if you have the bass line
>from "Linus and Lucy" in your head right now, that was Fred. Fred
>was a LD list member around '97-98.

I'm so sorry to hear of Fred's passing, I remember his contributions
to LD well. It sounds like he was a musician that continued to push
the boundaries throughout his life, a great role model for us all.
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer