Re: EDP Footpedal

In a message dated 3/16/2002 5:44:30 PM Central Standard Time, sginn@airmail.net writes:

I am getting ready to get an EDP but after reading about how flimsy the
foot pedal that is made for it can be and how some have built their own
... Can anyone offer advice about this?  I am wondering if it really is
that delicate and if so, how difficult would it be to make my own and
where could I get the parts?  I also own a PMC-10 as well.

Thanks,
Steve

I have two edp's and two foot pedals... I have had NO problems w/ the pedals...

Just problems with on of the EDP's which NO-ONE from Gibson will respond to my inquiries about getting fixed...  I guess I will look into new units as to once again free my gear of the Gibson plague before the Gibson virus works its way into my other gear...

Ok, sorry, back to the point...

I think the foot pedals that I have are fine and would definitely recommend them!

My only frustration is hooking one pedal up to a Morley ABY switch to run both units ... causes surprise random functions...

I have considered finding a way to build one unit that accesses ALL functions and can A/B between the pair of edp's in my rack...

Thanks,
Gregory Bruce Campbell
www.mp3.com/freakwincing
www.kickstartchubby.com