Re: newbie ? Jamman echo function

David,

try tapping in shorter echo times for practice, and do this BEFORE
you play any audio into the jamman.

as soon as you hit the 'tap', the green led should light, and it will
turn off when you tap the second time.  sometimes, when doing
multiple taps to get the general tempo of a song, you can mistakenly
leave the 'tap' ON, so to speak...

just make sure your last tap turns the green led OFF.  then you will
see the green led pulsing with the tempo.  that's the way you want
it...

and the P means that the echo mode is in bypass.  hit the bypass
switch and you should see a number on the screen, 1-16.

1 is the lowest feedback, essentially one repeat.  16 is 100%
feedback.  all the numbers inbetween are various levels of feedback.
you can adjust that by the pot on the front panel (i've forgotten
what it's labelled as)

hope this helps...

rich

ps. i'm doing hard disc recording, and my influences of droney,
spacey guitar laden bands are similar to your references.  shoegazers
unite!