Boss RC-20 question

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.  I'm sort of a rookie with
this, but I just bought a Boss RC-20 a few weeks a go and lately I 've
been
having some trouble with it. When I'm recording a loop, the memory full
light comes on and it automatically stops after only 30-40 sec. or so but
loops are supposed to be over 5 min. or so. The thing that really confuses
me is that the memory isn't full cause I even deleted all of the stored
tracks to be sure. I didn't use to have this problem before I changed the
batteries. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.