Fwd: Heasley On Echoes

ECHOES
A Nightly Music Soundscape
Over 170 Radio Stations

FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
for May 2002

Following is a listing of Echoes features and Living Room Concerts that may include yourself or one or more of your artists.  Keep in mind that not all stations run all ten hours of ECHOES produced each week.  Some stations also tape delay their broadcasts, and others swap the sequence of hours.  The 3 to 4 dates you'll see with each listing are the initial broadcast, the following Saturday where many stations tape delay, and the following Sunday, which is the Echoes Sunday feed. Call one of our 170 public radio stations for the forthcoming week of ECHOES.

ARTISTS FEATURED THIS MONTH ON ECHOES
Philip Aaberg, Will Ackerman, Scott August, Patrick Ball, Suzanne Ciani, Alex Cline, Darshan Ambient, Kodo with Mickey Hart, Danny Heines, Lisa Lynne, Bobby McFerrin, Richard Searles, Shaman's Dream, Jane Siberry, Slack Key Trio

*  denotes Echoes principal weekday & Sunday feeds.
** denotes stations' tape delay dates.

Wednesday 5/08*
TOM HEASLEY: AMBIENT TUBA
"Ambient" is an adjective we toss around a lot on Echoes, but we've never applied it to the tuba until Tom Heasley's album, WHERE THE EARTH MEETS THE SKY (Hypnos).  Heasley, who lives in Palo Alto, Ca, uses extensive electronic processing to turn his tuba into a pod of whales and a galactic transport ship in slow motion, languid soundscapes.  It often sounds electronic, but every sound begins on the tuba.  Heasley recently released a new CD ON THE SENSATIONS OF TONE (Innova). Heasley puffs up and blows when he demonstrates his techniques on Echoes.

John Diliberto
Echoes
Now On More Than 170 Stations
150 Park Rd.
P.O. Box 224
Eagle, PA 19480
610-458-0780
http://www.echoes.org

Tom Heasley
NEW CD AVAILABLE (in stores May 14):  On the Sensations of Tone,  (www.innova.mu)
ALSO AVAILABLE:  Where the Earth Meets the Sky,  (www.hypnos.com)

http://bayimproviser.com/TomHeasley
427 Alma St., Suite 206
Palo Alto, CA  94301
P:  650.322.3633
F:  419.831.3809
E:  tom@tomheasley.com
WEBSITE COMING SOON:  TOMHEASLEY.COM

Upcoming Solo Concerts:

Saturday, May 18, 2002, 9:00 P.M., Doors at 8
Whitebox VIP Lounge / Drum Machine Museum
1067 Market St.  #1004
Info/Reservations (only 25 V.I.P.):  415.503.0477 OR <mickeyt@drummachine.com>
http://www.drummachine.com/newsite/events/events.htm
also appearing:  Wobbly (@10) and Siren (visuals)
Admission at door: $7.00

Sunday, June 16, 2002  (Father's Day) 7:30 P.M.
First Congregational Church of Berkeley
2345 Channing Way (at Dana)
Tickets at door:  $15.00 General / $10.00 Students, Seniors and Fathers

Autumn 2002 Tour will include:

Roulette, NYC
The BBC, London