Re: Behringer DSP2024 Virtualizer

SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

>  Re: Behringer DSP2024 Virtualizer
>
> Sound quality is pretty good, and way beyond
> what you'd expect for the price.
>
> Slight physical hum from the transformer.

Really?  That's not good.  I don't get hum from my AirFX, seems weird
that they couldn't deal with that.  Ground issue maybe?

> Reverbs are very thick, kind of pea soup fog.
> Rather overdone on the presets.
> ....but very tweakable, so no problems.

I'm looking for Pea Soup, so that's right up my alley.  I also like a
nice cream of mushroom.  Main course?  Lark's Tounge in Aspic, of course

> There are a number of filters.
> Generally these are OK, but if you've ever played
> with a top of the range studio filter there's quite
> a bit of difference to the clarity.

I'm happy enough with the quality of the filters that are on the Alesis
AirFX, so if there at least as good as that, I'm happy.  For the studio
I do it all in software anyway.

> The filters with envelope control get quite distorted
> if the amount of envelope control is turned up.
> Low pass filter frequency won't go right down to
> nothing (like it did on the Modulizer DSP 1200P),
> 100Hz is the low limit.

Here's my question:  how about filter sweeps?  How hard is it to set the
sweep duration to a specific time?  Can this be done via tap tempo in
some way?  I'm thinking that for the price, It might be worth it to just
program a bunch of patches that corraspond to the BMP of each of the
pieces we play live.  The fact that the filter doesn't start at the
begining of the sequence isn't really that big of a deal, could even
make things more interesting.

> Haven't spent a lot of time with the 2024, but
> already got sounds I never had before.
> (like a full electro drum kit from modded guitar sounds!)
> ...and most effects are highly tweakable

you're tempting me!

> Tap time delays are possible using the
> FCB1010 footpedal, which has a feature to
> make any MIDI controlled delay tappable.
> (but only up to 1.2s)

Is that only for delays, or can you set this to control any mod time?

> andy butler

Thanks Andy, you're a pal.

Mark