RE: protection

yeah, and i have a laptop.  ugh.

so i was thinking of building one of those giant plexiglass cases that have
holes cut out in the side with gloves stuck on them so you can play with
stuff in the box... just like in all those neat chem labs.    the added
bonus is you could deck it out and put it on an art car or something...
weee!

i was thinking NO ventillation.  just don't take the thing out during the
day AT ALL.  night time only.  i just wonder if it would survive during the
day covered up... do laptops melt in the shade in the desert?  but then
there's the problem of cords... if this thing is sealed, how do i get the
cords out?

did you see the roving soundsystem that was built into that armored
vehicle/big jeep thing last year?  they had that neat plexiglass dj pod in
the middle and all those tvs stuck on the front, above the bass bins,
broadcasting visuals that another dude was making from inside the drivers
compartment.  and it was a damn good sound system too... bitchin.

> From: Mark Sottilaro [mailto:sine@zerocrossing.net]
> Instead, take a hit or two of acid (which you were going to do anyway)
> and make all the damn noise you want! invite others for extra realistic

or you could do this... but then your gear doesn't get messed up!  and
where
is all the telltale dust on your car/bike/clothes/nostrils/records/etc?
what fun is that!?

paul