Re: Looping is overrated :)

 BUT I personally feel that
> looping *itself* isn't the
> point, even on a list of people called the Looper's
> Delight.  It's what
> you DO with looping and boy there is some *great*
> stuff done with
> looping out there.

i tried making a similar point long ago and what i
learned is pretty obvious...this list and the people
on it are here cause of a common interest.  it has
nothing to do with ability, vision, or even if you
have looping gear or make music at all.  it is a
sharing of ideas and a way for people on a wavelength
to meet, greet, and at times, be too elite.  you can
come and go as you like, read or delete as you
like...and THAT (to me, imho) is what "it" is about.
care to form some other group about what people are
doing with the looping, i'm in!

> with it. Let's face it, looping and looping tools
> are pretty damn geeky
> as a rule.

why?  who defines that?  is it to you?  not to me...it
is interesting, cutting edge and exciting.

> Again, I am ALL for wanking and looping for the sake
> of it too. (Lord
> knows I am!) That is fun and has it's place as much
> as anything else.
> But let's keep it in perspective, we can (and DO )
> do that anywhere. You
> don't HAVE to  move or congregate  to play. If you
> mix it up or play
> with other bands I guarantee you will not only get a
> bigger audience but
> you'll find your loop chops improving as well.

i'm the only looper in my band...it works better in my
opinion that i'm not walking all over someone elses
loops...these machines are instruments...that's it.
and like anything, put 10 guitar players in a band and
it is bound to sound odd...but if they all are on,
then it can sound amazing.