Re: Ahem! Excuse me!

>>  our own David Torn is playing what is probably lead guitar!
>
>It is indeed "probably" lead guitar, but with Mr. Torn you never can
>tell.  ;)

With Mr. Torn's alchemical skills, I'm sure he can turn "lead" guitar
into "gold."

Ack./

There's an interesting interview w/ Tony Visconti in the new Tape Op
that talks quite a bit about his collaborations w/ Bowie, from Ziggy
to Low/Heroes to the new disc. Great reading! Bowie has always been
one of the most fascinating pop figures, he really manages to stay
hugely popular and surf on the fringes of the avant-garde at the same
time, and for a very long time. Plus, he's written some terrific
songs over the years. The new record also features Matt Chamberlain,
one of the coolest drummers on the planet, and Matt's been known to
spin a loop or 2 in his band Critter's Buggin. I'm really looking
forward to this disc!
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org