Re: Pitch-shifting percussion sounds in realtime...

I imagine something like the (now discontinued, sadly) Electrix Warp
Factory vocoder would be the tool to pitch drums, and anything else.  I've
set it up so that I can take a line from the drum machine to use as a
formant and then apply it to my Repeater's effects loop, or the other way
around.  Sonic mayhem results.