Re: Adding character to drum machines...

I use many different things to do this- all of them are on Aux-
1- EQ Killer- boost/cut freqs and remove freqs for breaks
2- MoFx- for synced delays, flanges, tremolo (fast setting- tight square
wave- low freq), and overdrive
3- M-One- verbs and more synced delays
4- Filter Factory- synced and subdivided envalope follower and filters,
more
overdrive
5- EQ on the mixer channels

One of the first things I go for is synced delay of some sort- creates
polyrhythms- and I think all different amounts of overdrive/distortion can
help a weak drum machine sound so much better- next would be EQ of all
sorts- and verbs also change the char favorably- last thing I usually go
for
is the filtering as it is more "effect like" than any of the others
although
if used subtley can be another great enhancement-

Last- I can't wait for the new LoopIV to arrive in the mail- the new
syncing
abilities sound great-

Cliff