insert mode...

so there he sits, the s'man reading about loop IV imagining all the great
things that can be done, when he realises in his down-homey way that much
is
still unexplored in loop III, so he says to himself,

'I really must stop referring to myself in the third person in the style of
le WWF and instead go and explore the insert mode on my EDP'...

so off he goes, and in so doing discovers the rather fabulous reverse and
replace modes! previously all reversing had been done using the undo button
after pressing the parameter switch - not ideal for fast reversal etc...
now, new vistas are opening! same goes for the instant replace function,
requiring only that a down-homey be-mulletted dude-foot be placed onto the
pedal for stuff to be recorded, replacing the original loop, thus
revolutionising one of the pieces I recorded at the weekend, and justifying
my decision to go back into the studio for round II in a couple of weeks
time.

ah, the moral of the story? must read manuals more thoroughly... suddenly,
little more of Andre's alchemical soul-selling EDP mastery has been
uncovered in North London. soon I'll be shaving my head and moving to
SoCal,
and the transition will be complete!

steve