Re: Drum machines vs. Human beings

Mark Sottilaro wrote:

> He doesn't live in the next apartment over
> Has other things going on in his life other than playing drums with me

I've been waiting for someone to come up with some real time Internet
jamming software that could allow for musicians to at least record and
perform
live MIDI tracks-drums, etc., while being separated by distance, and
hopefully,
not too much time (latency).  I suppose this is being done by dedicated
phone
lines and those "broadcast" black boxes used in radio and TV....  but I'm
talking
about cable modems at the most, not sattelite trucks....  Where's the
software
designed for MIDI Internet jamming ?
Now getting someone to dedicate blocks of time to your project is even
tougher.
...and money doesn't always inspire the best performance....even if you had
some
to blow on musicians for hire....  and a fruit and veggies platter only
goes so far.....
Mutual inspiration is always the best.....
By the way....OT.....are there any cello players on the list ?
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com