RE: Loop IV: Substitute is awesome

-----Original Message-----
Neil thinks:
<snip>
. . . the Substitute function. This feature alone is worth
half a decade or more of musical exploration. Very musically constructive
feature!

**  It is just one of easily a handful of soon to be indispensable features
of the new OS.  Nice job!
I just plugged the SR-16 in (actually out) and although I haven't listened
yet, it looks like driving drums from the EDP is going to be easier than
ever.  I was pleasantly surprised to find MIDI input echoed as soft thru on
the out jack--is this new?  Is there any way to toggle it?
Also, in response to the drum machine irritation factor--I need to
resurrect
my Sequential Tom (I think it still works) and plug it into my Alesis D4
(gotta love that storage unit) in time for Rick's Loop Showcase.  I fully
intend to show up and give my half hour's worth of spontaneity there.  Who
all else is going to be there?  I asked Rick and he responded with a hasty
email indicating he was already in Red Queen mode.  Any chance of Swiss or
Brazilian loopers?  I hear the Pittsburgh contingent will show . . . How
about you New York guys?
Gary