Solicitation for Looping History

Like Andre, I would like some input to a presentation I will be doing
at the Y2K2 LOOPFEST in Santa Cruz.  I'll be giving a short talk
about the history of looping. A lot of what I'll cover is well
presented in Michael Peters' "The Birth of Loop" on the Loopers
Delight Web site:

<http://www.loopers-delight.com/history/Loophist.html>

If anyone has something to add to to that material please post it to
the list. I already know about Hugh LeCaine's 1955 "Dripsody" (made
with the first version of his Special Purpose Tape Recorder) and
Karlheinz Stockhausen's 1966 "Solo" (performed with a custom tape
delay system). I'd especially welcome any information about Les
Paul's early use of tape loops, Pierre Schaeffer's Morphophone, Otto
Luening's tape system, and other lesser-known systems.

The Vintage Echo Units pages at:
http://homepages.enterprise.net/greenworld/index.htm
are a wealth of information about commercial tape-loop based systems,
but if anyone has supplementary information it would be useful
(especially some particulars on the Watkins Copy-Cat).

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com