Re: looping: a structural approach...

Bruno and others make some very interesting comments, but my
approach is much more mundane.

So far, I've used my simple looper to layer different
instruments to build up a composition.  This is sort of the
"one man band" approach.  This is partly due to the
limitations of my looper but also consistent with my own
musical ability.  Sometimes unexpected synergistic forms
would would evolve that could not have occurred without the
technology, usually though it is what four or five patient
musicians could play unlooped.

With my newer, more sophisticated looper I expect to do more
complex arrangements with different parts coming in and out,
effects(mangles?  manglerizations?) at different points in
the chain, and experimenting since now I can 'undo'  Still,
I see myself keeping close to the 'one man band' paradigm,
just now with more variation.

Yours in rhythm,
Steven