Re: [looper's] cheap n' dirty

At 4:40 PM -0800 1/2/03, Daryl wrote:
>I've just had a wonderful afternoon with a Tascam Portastudio I got for
>$20 and an endless answering machine tape.

I have a Porta One that I've used in performance as a playback deck.
One advantage of this model is that it runs at the same speed as a
regular cassette deck (rather than double speed like its big brothers
do). This allows you to play back any cassettes you might have lying
around (in my case everything from Luigi Nono to Mantovani Christmas
music) with the added benefit that two of the four tracks will be
playing backwards.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com