From: Patrick Bolan [mailto:pbolan@csiconstruction.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 4:45 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Percussion on acoustic guitar

Hi, I need some advice about looping and percussion…

I recently saw Phil Keaggy in concert, and he used his acoustic guitar to create clean sharp percussion that simulated the sounds of kick drum or hi-hat as part of the loop (he used a Jamman and Line 6).    When I tried it, my percussion sounded extremely muddled.  Here’s my question:

How do you get a clean percussion effects from the body of an acoustic guitar?

I have a Taylor 914ce, with a Fishman under-the-saddle pickup.  I am a good guitarist, but just starting to explore looping with a Boss RC-20.  Any suggestions about percussion on the body of an acoustic guitar would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick in Portland, Oregon.