Re: New model Ground Control MIDI controller

At 12:01 AM 1/5/2003, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>Advanced MIDI foot controllers are always of interest on this list, and I
>see in the new issue of Guitar Player that DMC  has come out with a new
>model Ground Control.  This one looks more like the Rocktron All-Access
>(3
>rows of 4 metal switches, LED character read-out) and has MIDI In for
>restoring your data (I think the old one didn't).  More info at
>www.voodoolab.com.

I think they showed that at last winter NAMM, and it started shipping some
time after that. It might look like the Rocktron, but it sure isn't as
powerful as the Rocktron. The midi implementation is very weak. It mainly
only sends Program Change messages, with some limited ability to send
continuous controllers. The rest of the midi spec is not available. I'm
not
sure why they call it the Ground Control Pro. To me, a "pro" midi
controller should be able to send any midi command. If you were looking
for
a pedal to fully control the Repeater or the Echoplex, this would be a bad
choice since it cannot send all the midi commands that either of those can
receive. (midi note messages, for example.)

kim