Re: [OT] Done to Death (was: Lucky Bastards)

At 02:04 PM 1/10/2003 -0500, David Beardsley wrote:

>I was being scarcastic, and I end up getting a lecture.

Well, keep in mind that we're on a public discussion forum.  I took that
into consideration before I actually sent that last email.  I looked at
the
original two-line version I *was* going to send as that last post and
immediately had two thoughts.  My first was, "boy, I sound like a frickin'
troll"; and my second, "there's nothing here that anybody on the list
could
possibly use as a constructive talking point."

So I went back and rewrote it with the first part considerably toned
down.  Then, I added some content that anybody else on the list could pick
up on for comment, attempting to generate some sort of real
discussion.  Thus, I made those comments in order that it might open the
subject up into something which possibly could be of interest some of the
other participants on the list.  If you interpreted that as a 'lecture',
my
apologies.

>Realistically, I do have an audience and I even got a amazing review from
>the New Music critic at the Village Voice last Fall (see my web site).

...And if you're the same David Beardsley I've run across previously,
there
are a couple of kickass psycho-rockabilly albums in there as well,
correct?  (although, it's been fully two decades since I've seen those, so
I could be a bit sketchy there)

>When I finish my guitar CD, I'll be able to play  "mainstream" venues that
>can afford to advertise.

So it sounds as if you've actually had some success in "dragging the
mainstream toward you".  Any thoughts on what's worked well for you in
that
process, and what hasn't?

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil