Re: EH 16sec.DDL reissue?

There has been plenty of talk in the archives about this, but allow me a
few sentences, since I keep raising the issue of this particular
dinosaur.  There is just nothing else like it, in terms of immediate
response, potential sonic mayhem, great sound, and hands-on fun.  The
DL4 is probably its closest relative, but I think it's a pretty flat
box.  It's a decent 12-second looper, but the reverse sounds totally
sterile and you can't even do pitchshifting or self-regeneration.
("Tweak" and "Tweez"? Please!) The EDP and Repeater have great power,
but are different things and most useful for those who enjoy twisting
and control of multiple loops (and like reading manuals).  The 16-second
DDL is just hands-on immense fun.  I still adore the Digitech PDS-2000
because it has a few shades of its uniqueness, but I don't see anything
else like the original.  Check out what Nels Cline does with it, or Bill
Frisell (altho he uses a DL4 sometimes too).  I would think the
popularity of the DL4 and the incredible prices that are being asked for
this box would convince EH, but I guess not, probably never.

alright.  I won't waste more list time on this, except when it's near
NAMM!

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com