Re: Being Trained and Playing the Classics--What Do You Loop?

Clayton Gary Lehmann wrote:
> Also, here's some loop content--what classics do ANY of you loopers
> integrate into your performances?  Any familiar tunes pop up?  Is
>everybody
> improvising?

Gymnopedie #1 -- Erik Satie
Allemande, Lute Suite #1 in Em -- Bach
Various bits and pieces of the Villa Lobos guitar works

The point for me to play a classical or jazz tune in a looping context
is to deconstruct that familiar sound into the new and unfamiliar.

Usually I improvise, or play original compositions. I've also written
part of an orchestral piece -- sadly unperformed :-( -- that imitates a
long delay line with the string sections cut into 8 or so pieces each.

D.G.