RE: tangentially OT: CAGE (file under looping influences............LOL)

Thanks for the recommendations, Rick!

Reading "Silence" was a pivotal point for me.  For me, too, Cage's
"philosophy" is more influential than his music.  I especially appreciate
how he encourages "new" music and approaches to composing/performing
WITHOUT
putting down established methods.  "The more, the merrier." as he says.
That attitude fosters such a positive, affirming, and creative approach.

-----------

:D
I have an unreleased version of 4'33" built from time-lapsed recordings of
overlapping silence.  It's awesome how the overdubs build, layer upon
layer,
to a cataclysmic intensity of resounding nothingness.  It's actually 5
minutes long so perhaps I should call it 4'33" (Extended Version).

Perhaps we need to put together a 4'33" festival featuring different
performances of this piece?  Such an undertaking requires superb equipment,
of course.  Just think of the PA and recording equipment necessary!

Too much fun (and silliness) too early, I need more coffee.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com